My name is Christopher Kivior and have decided to run for State Representative of Worcester's 10th District as a Republican. I graduated from Hopedale Jr. Sr. High School in 2012, but have been a resident of Milford for the majority of my life. Upon graduating, I decided to pursue my aspirations in a bit of an unorthodox fashion. Seeking my degree's in both political science and business online. Thus giving me the necessary time to accumulate real world experience in relation to my interests.
With entrepreneurship in my family, I've grown to understand the economic strength the private sector and free market provides. What we must strive towards in Massachusetts is creating the a better setting for both large and small businesses.
For the past 3 years, I've worked on local, statewide and national campaigns'. From grassroots operations to being hired as a political consultant and everything in between.
As a 20 year old I realize my challenges' will be:
1. Convincing people that a person of my age running against an 8 year incumbent isn't a joke, but rather something I take very seriously.
2. Convincing people that my youth doesn't hinder my abilities to make intelligent and calculated decisions on social and fiscal matters.
Why I believe youth plays as an attribute:
1. I have zero debts to settle that could possibly impede my commitment and loyalty to my district.
2. I don't have a voting record people can delve into and possibly criticize.
3. I truly believe that youth breeds fresh perspective and new ideas.
Throughout history, we've elected people who's credentials and experience appear unmatched. Thus, seeming to highlight the epitome of the "perfect candidate".
Yet how many of these elected officials have voted against the best interest of those they represent? Raising tax after tax, increasing regulations and stifling welfare reform to name a few.
This exemplifies why neither my age or level of experience is an issue moving forward. If ones principles are sound and they effectively display the knowledge as to what should be implemented, reformed or amended and why it should be, they are just as qualified as the next.
"I do not know anyone who has gotten to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near"
Christopher Kivior for State Representative
"If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything, wouldn't you, at any time? And you would achieve nothing!"